The GNOME Project has released GNOME 3.12 since March 26th, 2014 and it includes some important changes such as proper HiDPI support, improved Wayland support, various enhancements for the core GNOME applications.
Major features for this release include:
- A significant update to the experience for finding and installing applications.
- Major facelifts for the Videos and gedit applications.
- Greater high-resolution display support.
- Big updates for the Software and Web applications.
- Improved start up times as well as more efficient resource usage.
- A new application folders feature, which lets you organize your apps.