Today, I’ve successfully restored Sudo Permission from accidentally removed the
sudo package. It’s happened after I upgrade the Arch Linux on my very old Raspberry Pi B+ Model for a long long time running as home VPS.
Yesterday, I faced with “Dependency failed for Local File Systems” right after an error message about the system can’t mount an NTFS partition when rebooting my laptop. I had no idea about this problem because it was booted for a long time ago then running with daily updates.
In this article, we will consider installing Adobe Photoshop on Linux with Wine, since Adobe Photoshop does not officially support Linux.
While I used Linux for many years, I attempted to replace Adobe Photoshop with GIMP to edit images. On Linux, there are plenty of Adobe Photoshop alternatives softwares like GIMP, Kinsta, Paint.NET… However, I’m not found any programs that compatibility with Adobe Photoshop files. That’s why I have tried many approaches to running Adobe Photoshop on Linux operating systems.
Today, I tried to compress
initramfs-linux-fallback.img to get more space in
/boot partition. During the generate processing of them, I found some warning messages like this:
Possibly missing firmware for module: aic94xx Possibly missing firmware for module: wd719x
Notes: It’s may different on your computer depend on its hardwares.
By default, after install wine or its helper like CrossOver, PlayOnLinux… Wine can really mess up with your system file associations at the moment. Some file extension was associated with Open with winebrowser.exe automatically. I faced with this inconvenience problem when open a pdf file by enter button or double click in file manager. The wine will creating a lot of file dependencies to start a new wine.exe instance, it costs time and garbage files per folder where you store the pdf file.
Since the latest system update, I’ve been finding that at about midnight everyday, my computer starts using 100% CPU and ~100% disk I/O during a period of time. Everything was freezed and I must take a break until it’s finished. After a quick search by
iotop, I found
updatedb is the cause of this problem.