GIMP’s default layout is a bit frustrating and a lot of people maybe used to using Adobe Photoshop and it’s layout. Like others, sometime I had confused with GIMP layout and can’t find the tools/brush/… as I want to use immediately. To help those who are used to Photoshop, +Martin Owens has created a collection of GIMP 2.8 tweaks that make it more like Adobe Photoshop and make people more comfortable.
The GNOME Project has released GNOME 3.12 since March 26th, 2014 and it includes some important changes such as proper HiDPI support, improved Wayland support, various enhancements for the core GNOME applications.
Major features for this release include:
- A significant update to the experience for finding and installing applications.
- Major facelifts for the Videos and gedit applications.
- Greater high-resolution display support.
- Big updates for the Software and Web applications.
- Improved start up times as well as more efficient resource usage.
- A new application folders feature, which lets you organize your apps.