Changes in XBMC Media Center 11.0:
- addon rollbacks so you can install previous addons versions
- GPU video decoding on Linux to “some extent” for AMD graphic cards
- support for direct playback of ISO image files for Blu-ray Disc as well as video library integration
- addons can provide their own web interface
- improved mouse support, add better control for dragging of seek / slide / scroll bars, and click handling
- improved touch interface API and gesture support for XBMC’s GUI Engine for all platforms
- new custom JPEG decoder which is at least 2x faster than the previous implementation
- support for SSA/ASS subtitle tags; italics, bold, and color for SubRip (.srt) subtitles as well as MP4 embedded subtitles
- upgraded ffmpeg
- improved Blu-ray Disc and harddrive playback support of unencrypted bdmv and mpls files without menus
- support for NFS virtual file server
- support for AFP (vfs)
- Airplay support for Videos, Pictures and Music
- asynchronous threaded background loading of metadata to XBMC’s VFS (Virtual File System)
- improved TheMovieDB.org movie scraper by adding themoviedb.org posters scraping
- Linux: support for Texas Instruments OMAP4 (OMAP4430 and OMAP4440 with video decoding on IVA 3)
- dynamic runtime detection of CPU features (MMX, SSE, 3DNow, etc.) implementation for Linux
- improved ARM processor architecture support for embedded devices and embedded system platforms
For a complete changelog, see THIS page.
The new Skin design “Confluence” looks fabulous and ease the navigation through XBMC menus by using the keyboard, mouse or Xbox wireless game controller. The skin is fully customizable from settings beneath system main menu, select Skin. So, you will be able to customize the skin in many ways such as:
- Ability to hide or show the main menus “Music, Videos, Programs, ..etc”.
- Change the background for each main menu. You can select a single background and multi background or you can leave it to the default background.
- Adjust the Add-On for XBMC main menus, now you will be able to show a custom sub menus including currently installed add-ons for Music, Videos and Programs, also you can adjust the Music and Videos OSD from the same location.
Install XBMC 11 Eden in Arch Linux
sudo pacman -Sy xbmc
Install XBMC 11 Eden in Ubuntu and Linux Mint or similar…
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install xbmc
Install XBMC 11 Eden in Opensuse
sudo zypper in XBMC
For Other Linux distributions such “ Gentoo, Foresight, Mageia, Mandriva, Debian, Fedora and others” check the installation guide Here.