Have you ever installed or upgraded to Ubuntu 11.04 on laptop that has Broadcom Wireless Card? After that, you may got a slow connection or can’t connect your laptop to internet! What is happened? May be after your Ubuntu installation, its unable to recognize & install the broadcom driver through the hardware drivers.
I have got a solution for this panic issue, following few step will resolve Broadcom wireless driver issue on Linux operating system (tested with Ubuntu 11.04).
You need to connect to internet by wired connection, it’s work on default laptop.
- Install b43-fwcutter package may be fixed this issue because the default installation of Ubuntu not make this package installed by default.
- Restart your laptop then try to connect again, if not work then follow next step below.
- Install bcmwl-kernel-source package then reboot your laptop.
- Once you connecting to the internet through wired connection, open a terminal & type:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get –reinstall install bcmwl-kernel-source
- That’s it, just reboot your system. after a reboot, you can see driver installed and working.
If not works again? Hmm.. try to find or ask on Ubuntu Forum because it’s not occured with me before. Hope this fix will be work with you.