Have you ever tried to install Adobe Air in Ubuntu. I’ve installed Ubuntu 11.4 64bit and I find 64-bit binaries of AIR are not currently available. Right now Adobe AIR is only officially available for 32-bit Linux.
Installing Adobe AIR 64-bit on Ubuntu can be quite tricky if you’re not quite familiar with the commands and if you’re new to Linux/Ubuntu. So for the sake of those users, I’m sharing this short step-by-step tutorial on how to install Adobe AIR 64-bit on Ubuntu.
- Download the Adobe AIR installer – http://get.adobe.com/air/
- In a terminal window go to the directory containing the adobeair.deb file then create adobe-air-x64 folder with command:
- Extract the deb file to the adobe-air-x64 folder:
dpkg-deb -x adobeair.deb adobe-air-x64
- Extract the control files:
dpkg-deb --control adobeair.deb adobe-air-x64/DEBIAN
- Change the Architecture parameter from “i386″ to “all”:
sed -i "s/i386/all/" adobe-air-x64/DEBIAN/control
- Package the 64-bit deb file:
dpkg -b adobe-air-x64 adobeair-all.deb
Now you can install Adobe AIR on a 64-bit system by running adobeair-all.deb file.
Note: Some AIR application not works correct in Adobe AIR 64-bit.